Friday, February 19, 2010

The smallest principles are just as important.

In most cases, when I'm telling the story or reading it, I like the small details. Don't tell me you bought a new car, tell me what the leather smells like, what was important about the first song you listened to on the stereo, etc.

But for now, the small details are not as important. Put simply, this past week has been over-scheduled and stressful. We've all had those weeks when family, work and personal obligations meet in one giant crap storm.

So, in the past week, I've forgotten to drink my water a few times. Time didn't allow for double checking that I packed my vegetables for work. I've slept less, exercised less and blogged less.

I'm not a different person than the Fat Bastard of old. My personality will not change. Weight loss surgery or not, psychological flaws corrected or not, I will always be me. And if this is going to work, weeks like this must be endured and can not be the gateway to a two-year bender of fried chicken and nachos. May the endurance begin.

7 comments:

  1. Here here! Who cares if last week wasn't perfect. What matters is that you know why it wasn't and try to mostly not repeat it. Life is what happens when you are making all those other plans. So here's to endurance...and some perserverance, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomorrow is another day... Yep. This week was overscheduled and crazy for me too. I know what you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah!! Hopefully tomorrow will be a sunnier day - having had one of those weeks myself - I totally get what you're saying. We just endure the s**tstorm and get on with it. :) Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree. Life is in the details. The way something looked, felt, sounded, smelled. :-)
    Tough weeks will happen, I've had a few lately and didn't do so well food-wise. My victory though was not letting it completely discourage me and getting back on track quickly.
    Good luck to you in weathering the current storm in your life and keeping on track!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life just happens whether you want it to or not...great attitude!!! The more we learn to actually deal with the crappy weeks the less we need food to deal with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You don't need to be perfect to be successful with the band. I've read so many blogs where I see the great weight loss reported, but there are quite a few posts from that person saying they didn't do as well as they thought they should, or they ate that when they should have or they skipped a work out. Cut yourself some slack, shake it off and move on to a better week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you've had a rough week. I second what others have said. If it's truly a lifestyle change, then it'll be change regardless of these kinds of weeks. Hope this one is better for you!

    ReplyDelete