Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Couch to 5K

I don't recall which bandster's blog led me to the Couch to 5K website, but I wanted to share it with everyone. I am on my third week and have been enjoying it so far. I have my eye on a 5K race in the end of May. If all goes well and my surgery is sometime in mid-March, hopefully the Doc will agree it is a good idea.

As this Florida boy hates the snow, I have been using a treadmill at the YMCA. The current blizzard and recent 15 inches of snow kept me from the Y today, but I'll be there tomorrow.

Also, check out Big Daddy the author was just banded.It is good to have another man in blog land. Not that I am not enjoying blogging with my new female friends, I don't get why so many men don't utilize this kind of support.

4 comments:

  1. I downloaded an app to my iphone that I use to mark the times on the C25K. I have only gotten through day 1 completely so far, and I am in awe of the people that are past week 1 :) I am hoping that I can do a memorial day 5K, but even if I can't do it until fall I will be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm repeating Week 2 as I just didn't feel ready to graduate to Week 3, but so far so good. I think you'll be more than ready for the 5k by May. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for you nice comments on my blog! I am on Day 2 of Week 6 and it is really kicking my ass! I do have to admit that I love it, what a great program. I am not sure if you have an iPhone or iPod Touch, but this is a great C25K program http://www.felttip.com/c25k/ There are quite a few of us that use this, it is fabulous. The best part is that you can listen to your own music while it is running. It tells you when to walk or jog and it lights up and blinks at each interval change. Keep up the good work! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started the Couch to 5K a bit ago, it's been kicking my butt, but it's worth it!! Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete